Pages



Saturday, September 11, 2010

DIY Lollipop Ghost Wreath




I saw this wreath in a magazine probably 5 or so years ago and have made it every year since. It's fun and can second as trick-or-treat candy, if you are unable to be home that evening when the little ones stop by.

Supplies:
- a wreath (I bought mine from Micheal's for about $3.99) & spray painted it black 
- box of kleenex 
- 1/8 in. craft ribbon or curling ribbon (I used craft ribbon, black and orange) 
- black sharpie 
- approx. 50 lollipops (I bought mine in bulk from the store) 
- ribbon to hang wreath (optional) 







1) Cut your craft ribbon about 5-6in in length. Wrap each lollipop in a single layer of kleenex and tie a ribbon underneath with just a simple bow tie. 





2) Take your black sharpie pen and draw a ghost face with 2 eyes and a mouth. Be very careful when you are drawing onto your kleenex, I bought the cheapest kleenex and had to be careful not to press down hard or else the paper would tear. 





3) After you are finished tying your white ghosts, start sticking your little ones into your wreath. Start at the top, off center and work your way around your wreath. When I place them in it's best to not think too much about placement. Your ghost tails will take up quite a bit of space and you want to see there little faces as much as possible. 




4) Once you are finished sticking in your little ghosts. Take the ribbon you want to use to hang it and wrap it around your wreath. you can either choose to make a bow or just simply tie a knot. This is what I did. Or you can opt for no ribbon and bow and completely cover your wreath in ghosts! 



I say have fun with this...my very first year when I did this wreath, I used different coordinating fabrics and used them to cover my ghosts. But I didn't want to spend money each year on fabric that would just be thrown away...but it does make for a cute wreath!!! I also don't put this wreath out until Halloween, it stays on the inside of my front door and then I put it out. 





Happy decorating!!



Visit thecsiproject.com

38 comments:

  1. So cute, Thanks for reminding me about the lollipop ghosts. I'm going to have my kids make some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute wreath!! Love those little ghosts! Thanks for sharing this!

    Aimee @ Justkiddingaroundatlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun idea! Very unique. If I made one of those, I think the lollipops would disappear very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am featuring this tonight at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make one right now!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing I hope to make this one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and fun to make... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. Saw you on Someday Crafts. I'd love you to come link up to my Halloween party.
    http://sawdustandpaperscraps.blogspot.com/2010/09/everything-halloween-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I facebooked it too!Here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Learning-Is-Childs-Play/47332295950

    I am SO going to make one of these! What a great idea! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to make this with my oldest son! His comment: We can eat them too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm spotlighting this on my blog in the morning. Thanks again for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sandra!!! That's awesome, thanks for the support =) ♥Sara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg I loveee it! I will have to make one this year thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! (I saw your link on Be Different...Act Normal's Show and Tell Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable! come on over and link up to MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW ADORABLE. I saw your wreath on a few other blogs... I was in love at first "FRIGHT" HA! so glad you linked it to CraftOManiac. Thanks. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the wreath!!! Can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute...I think I saw it somewhere too. Labor intensive! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a really fun recycling idea !

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO cute!! I think it would also look good if there was only ghosts on one side & maybe a half moon or something on the other. I want to make one though for sure! Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been featured at CraftOManiac.blogspot.com Thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute, and totally have the perfect idea in my head. Would you be a sweetheart and link up to my **6 weeks 2 Spook** party. It's NEW and all things Halloween. Any other projects are welcome at my regular party. This is awesome, and can't wait to show you what I will do with this fab idea. Thanks, BELLA.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just saw this from the craft-o-maniac link of your project and I love it. I am going to be making one of these for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I made mine tonight! http://jandskoth.blogspot.com/2010/09/more-wreath-fun.html

    Thanks for the tutorial. I linked you in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's awesome Shannon! They do take some time making, but the end result is worth it. Hope you enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sara, THANK YOU so much for joining my new party **6 weeks 2 Spook** I am so thrilled with the response already, how fun all these projects are. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for the holiday, and any other projects, or recipes, are ALWAYS welcome to my REGULAR party. Thanks again, Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sara, Love your Halloween ghost wreath! I made one and posted on my blog. Thanks so much for sharing! www.allthingsrobbin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much for the cute Ghost wreath. I volunteer at the rest home for Crafts and this was or rather is a cute quick project. They will love it as they the folks can Tie the Cleenx around the lolipops. then stick them into the wreath. Great Idea. Thanks again.
    Betty Bufler

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this ideal about using suckers for the ghost to make this neat halloween wreath!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've made the ghosts by themselves all the time growing up... you've just glamified it though!
    Awesome idea!
    hope you don't mind me featuring you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much!!! I would feel honored to be featured on your blog, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is just so adorable- I love it.That will be me next year doing that wreath- did I say next year- what the heck, THIs year I mean!!
    I am new to blog world just started my blog http://moderncountrylady.blogspot.com/
    and would love any feedback or comments if you can spare the time!!!
    Thanks for the post!!!Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is an adorable wreath - what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  35. very cute! A new follower love your blog

    If interested come checkout pinterest party
    http://jolynnshobbyshop.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinterest-party.html

    ReplyDelete