Pages



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wish List



My life is going through some major re-adjustments and sitting on my couch the other night, I am seriously thinking my decor needs to change along with it. My couches were purchased almost six years ago and at that time, microfiber couches either weren't around yet or I overlooked them in the showroom at the furniture store. Either way, after 2 kids and a husband, who sometimes eats like one, my couches have these horrible looking water stains and have getting holy and torn in certain places. And I never keep things around long enough for them to go out of style ,except my couches...obviously, I think it's about that time to buy something else and update the living room seating. 

Call me crazy, but I have never been to an Ikea or even bought anything out of their catalog. I know right...crazy. Where have I been living???...under a rock? No, just in my own little Sara world, I guess. Welp, I went onto their website and was browsing some furniture, and wow! I can't believe how inexpensive they are! Right now I have the usual long sofa couch and love-seat...but I am thinking of ditching the love seat and replacing it with a single chair. Hmmmm....I wonder? I don't normally have lots of guests over and I still live in an aparment, so going this route might be better. I also love the idea of the chaise with the couch, it would allow for some lounging at night and add some interest to the room. I am still unsure if I would go with a red chair in the room, but a different color would again allow for better visual interest. So anywho...I came across this couch...oh my!!! I know, it's white, but these have covers that come off and you can throw in the laundry. PLUS!!!!!!.....I can switch out pillows of all sorts and with whatever mood I am feeling at the moment, perfect for someone such as myself. 



The color of this pillow is just heaven to me and I think I may need to make this lamp shade. Loving the texture the ruffles add to this lamp shade. I see a DIY project in my future.. 





And this bed spread is just oh-so adorable. Just what I need to perk me up!!! I love the colors, doesn't it just make you so happy and alive?! I know, me too. We'll see how long it will take to make my dream a reality... 




And well, this light fixture caught my eye from Anthroplogie....hell-ooo!!
Crazy fun and would be super cute in a little one's room.  
Off to dream again...

1 comment:

  1. thanks...i'm going to look up the light fixture now. soo fun & cute. i love ikea too :)
    i'm a new follower & look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete