Pages



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Village gone Silver

It's been so long since I've posted!  But, life in general has been crazy and I have a hard time finding ANY time for myself or my projects.  The only time I've had for myself is late in the evening, after dinner time, bath time then clean-up.  By the end of the late evening, I can barely find the strength to lay in bed and browse a few of my favorite blogs.  I can barely think by this time.  So to even attempt anything, might end in disaster.  

And as Thanksgiving time approaches I find myself giddy with excitement that my favorite holiday season is upon us.  Christmas!!!!!  Yes! Yes! ..and Yes!  I have been fighting back the urge to break out my Christmas decor...but since Thanksgiving is only a few days away, I am justifying the fact that I can do it now.  

So while browsing the blog-osphere late last night, I came across this project at Dollar Store Crafts.  I remember purchasing these little babies from the Dollar Store probably about 5 years ago too.  They have the worst paint job, EVER!  And when I saw her new and improved Christmas Village, I wanted to do the same for my own. I used Krylon in Metalic Silver then sprayed a clear coat to finish them off.  


The Before...
looking a little drab





And the after!!  



      Not too shabby for 
a dollar store Christmas craft.  Now my village is worthy of display.  
I love what a can of spray paint can do!



What will you spray paint this season!??

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an amazing upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea...I loved my mother's set as a kid, but they are a little dated. What a great way to reinvent!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! That looks so good.
    I love browsing Dollar Stores. I always see the little horribly painted figurines. It never occurred to me to try something like this.
    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I have a Christmas building that I really like but it actually has mispelled signage! Spraypainting is a great idea.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea!!! You're so crafty! I would've had a hard time coming up with this....you see how un-crafty I am???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your project featured on Be Different, Act Normal. This village needed a makeover and you came through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow super cute ideas for any figurine.
    Inviting you to our blog hop for the next 12 days at http://passionatelyartistic.com
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete