Pages



Monday, February 7, 2011

Classic Silhouette's

I had my kid's silhouette's done back in December of '09 at Knott's Berry Farm, when we went as a family.  I love that I could have something classic and memorable of my children always hanging in my home.  I'm sure we all know how popular they are now, yet always classic.  And there are so many ways to display them.  I have had them in a few different displays around my home.  There really isn't any right or wrong way to do it.  

After Christmas I've been racking my brain for a new way to display them without it being permanent or stuck in a frame.  So, I decided to go with a classic wood mount.







I bought 2 small-ish sized wood plaques, from Joann's and spray painted them, Krylon Heirloom White.  It seemed more vintage-y, rather than a stark white.  I mod-podged my silhouette's, glued some twine onto the back and finally glued it directly onto some frames (which I already had and painted black).  


Happy Monday!



7 comments:

  1. They look lovely in the frames, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like! good job.

    and i totally love the {bun?} on top of your daughter's head. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The frames are simple and don't take from the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those!! Great idea putting them on wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these!!! I had the boys' silhouette's done at Disney a few weeks ago and think they are the sweetest! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and link up your idea to the Tuesday To Do Party.
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-party-7-and-6-list-makers.html
    Smiles!!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you linked this up at the Tuesday To Do Party! I can't wait to see what you share next time!
    Smiles!!!
    Jami
    PS. The Pretty Packages Party is going on now.

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-9.html

    I'd love for you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete