Pages



Monday, March 14, 2011

Cool Stripes



So after 2 days of painting...I finally finished the kids room, Yahoo!!  Well, at least I'm finished painting it.  The decor will come with time, I'm still looking to make curtains and do something more above the beds.   But until then...LOVE this room!







I am in love with stripes right now.  But there is a lot more to be done with the room, I just couldn't resist putting up some photos.  The bedding is still not entirely done, pillow cases are in the works and we need a lamp or something in here.  And again, a curtain or cornice of some sort for the window.  




This wall sits opposite of the striped wall with the beds.  And some fun cling-ons I found on clearance at Target.   My daughter is in love with them.  And I guess so am I (just a little bit).




And the 'beach' sign I made, which has now been moved to another wall. 
 It seemed to get lost in the stripes.



And the photos of the kiddlings at the beach.   What's wonderful is that if you don't have access or the funds to have Photoshop or some type of photo-editing, you can use the free one from Picnik (dot) com.  They have a lot of cool features.  I suggest you try it once.  You won't be sorry.

More photos to come later once I finish some last details.  



Happy Monday!





4 comments:

  1. It looks great! The photo wall is extra cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest room!! Do you mind me asking how you did the stripes? and are they only on one wall? My some loves stripes and he is in desperate need of a room makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this room is sooo lovely! My 2 yrs old's room has one wall pink and the rest cream so you've inspired me to experiment with stripes. Bearing in mind i'm in the UK so names may not be the same but did you just use masking tape to mark the lines?
    I have started to make a sign similar to your beach one but i've painted a plain canvas in cream and want to print words on the top but wasnt sure what to use as stencil. Any ideas?
    Love you blog :-)

    ReplyDelete