Pages



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finished Bench



A few weeks ago, I had mentioned I was trying something new.

I was building this bench!




 Oh my goodness, I am so happy it's done!

Note:  This is a very simple bench, thanks to Ana White and her mad building skills and detailed how-to.  But given the fact this was my first big project, actually using wood, screws and the circular saw...I had a lot of trial and error with this baby.  She gave me a run for my money and I learned a lot.  Like I said, building this bench took a lot longer, because of crazy life, kids and adjusting to being a single mom (which I will explain at another time & among other things)...I was only able to work on her when  time permitted.

But she's done!

  And last night I painted her and started staining the top.

I can't wait to show you!  She is lookn' mighty fine.




1 comment:

  1. Your awesome!!! Your my inspiration to get off the couch and do something...congrats sis!!!

    ReplyDelete