Pages



Friday, August 5, 2011

Ikat


Who isn't in love ikat? Seriously.  This trend, I believe, came onto the scene back in 2008.  And years later, it still seems to be a winner and gaining momentum.  I despise the fact that a lot of designers and such like to say things like that are "over" or "already done".  But I think we can all agree that good design is never "over".  I love that things come back into style and just kinda rotate themselves back into our homes and decor.  Just the same as bell-bottom pants, off the shoulder tops, platforms, sunburst mirrors, silhouettes, mid-century furniture and countless other trends.  Good design is just that, good.  

So, the other day I found some super lovely ikat material at Home Fabrics for $3 a yard...Hello!!
Such a steal, I tell ya!!!!  
I just had to scoop some of this fabric up and jump on the Ikat trend. 
And for less than $20, I have some uber cool curtains.
  


And I completely forgot to mention, I received my awesome LOVE print from Jen at Made By Girl, a while back.  I love it!! 
{Pictured above}







And I know you love the image that is, my amazing porch featuring my BBQ.  Plus, the lamp cord hanging so lovely, out from under my console table. 

 Now that's what I call a REAL picture!!



Do you have any "over" trends that you just love or are using right now?



4 comments:

  1. I love your Ikat curtains...I think that the print is just timeless...it reminds me of antique Oriental rugs which NEVER go out of style. I had heard that "crackle" paint finish is "out" but I still love it myself to give pieces patina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a steal on fabulous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curtains look beautiful. My bedroom needs new curtain and I wish to find such a deal on fabrics.

    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete