Pages



Friday, December 30, 2011

Decorating with Art

I've been considering doing a little DIY artwork, for my home.  I've always loved art and the way it makes me feel.  And I think the last piece of actual art I had, was a small copy print of a Monet painting, I bought at Micheal's, about 10 years ago.  And when I had my own place, framed photos were about the only thing in my apartment, besides a few shelves and cliche candle set-ups from Target.  (Sorry, not to bad-mouth them). 

But yes...oh, sooo boring.


In the last year, I've tested out different forms of wall decor. 
 Trying lots of different things, to find what best describes, Me.  I finally get, that I should really love, what I decorate with, and not just with what I think I should or what the trends are.

  
So I've been pinning like crazy, all of the amazing pieces I love and that I could use as inspiration for making my own.  As you can see...I'm a bit obsessed right now, with watercolors and abstract.  

image via. unknown


image via alisa burke



image via nursery notations

This piece, is by far, my favorite.  

image via alisa burke



I'm super excited to start something...although, I hope it doesn't come out looking too silly.  Do you have any suggestions?
.
.
Do you decorate your home with art?


No comments:

Post a Comment