Pages



Sunday, January 15, 2012

Green Cabinet Refinish


I've been busy the last week or so trying to finish a few pieces of furniture that a friend of mine wanted me to refresh.  Including this little cabinet she had picked up.  She choose a mossy green by Valspar, called Gaucho.  And then, I glazed her in Minwax Dark Walnut stain.  She looks amazing and my sad, despicable camera, does not do her justice. Not. At. All.  



She is a beauty.




And we all loooove a good, before & after.


So our before...
(ohhh, so sad)



.
.
.
.




I gave the hardware a little uplift, which really stands out against the green.
And, also gave the inside a little pop of yellow.










A Glimpse Inside

4 comments:

  1. oooohhh I love it so much!!! And I LOVE the inside pop of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I simply adore your cabinet. I wish I could find something like this (for next to nothing of course) so that I could refinish it. We just don't have enough thrift stores where I live and the ones we do have charge a fortune for anything that looks half decent. It must have been hard giving it back to your friend. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously LOVE the final product--the inside pop of color makes it even better :) great job! xoxo {av} |{long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two of those, plus the bookcase hutch for one of them. They're Ethan Allen and exactly 30 minutes ago, i looked at them and thought "I need to do something with those!" I've had them 30 years!

    ReplyDelete