Pages



Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Orange Focal Wall

While on my little trip to Vegas...I stayed with my younger sister.  I've been helping her paint and tackle some DIY for her new place.  And one of which, was a focal wall in her dining area.  One thing I love is when I can find someone who isn't afraid of using color, not only on their furniture, but walls as well.  She chose orange, whice is definitely a step 'outside the box'.  (YES!)

But when I mentioned doing a stencil on one of her walls, it took a bit of coaxing.  But, she finally gave in.   She chose to use the large link design from Royal Design Studio.  And did I happen to mention they are awesome on shipping, it usually takes no more than a day or so to receive your order.  Which is great if you want to make this a weekend project.



So after a few hours of painting and

probably a little more talking than we should have,

we ended up with this...

















It really makes a statement in her home, seeing that it is the first thing you see walking in.  

On a side note...I'm excited with all of my projects I've been completing.  Since taking on the new venture of refinishing furniture and selling, it's been slow.  But, what with trying to be a single mother and trying to fit in time for my children all while starting a small business, I'm learning to juggle it all pretty well.  It's been tricky trying to find the time for it all...but somehow it's working itself out.  I'm hoping I can keep up and not get too overwhelmed.  

One day at a time, right?



6 comments:

  1. i LOVE it!! orange is my favorite color and i have two rooms in my house that are orange. the whole house would be orange but the hubby thought it would be too much. i even painted our bath tub orange! its such a cheery color:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful wall - love the color pop! And the pattern is nice as well. I would love for you to come by and link up to my Creative Inspirations party happening NOW! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! So bright & fun!!

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I absolutely love this! Fantastic color and job well done!!! Thanks too for the link to the design studio. Been looking for something like that!

    ReplyDelete