Pages



Monday, October 1, 2012

Inspiration: Suzani



We've seen it everywhere...Suzani textile.  Coming in colorful designs and patterns, Suzani, comes from Central Asia and is usually quite large in pattern and scale.  Originally, these distinct textiles were worn to important events, decorated a bridal chamber or were often exchanges like currency.  The fabric and jacquard adaptions are so versatile.  And there are so many many fun and creative ways to use these fabrics.  



Pinterest


On furniture, it can be a great accent to a room.



Elle Decor




Etsy

 Or pillows-- always the easiest route.  
If you're not the daring type to reupholster a chair or sofa, use them in small doses on your couch.


Elle Decor



Layering the fabric over others is another great way to bring some dynamic to a room.  This one is layered over top of a solid bedspread,  I think it gives the room a jolt of color and pattern.



House Beautiful



Or layer it on the floor.  I love the way Amber used this one on top of a jute rug.  It gives it a great contrast to the texture in the jute.



Amber Interior Design




You could use them as pieces of art, shown here.  If your renting, this is a perfect solution to paint.  Frame your fabric, or if you like, use it as a room divider or instead of closet doors.

Elle Decor





Elle Decor



Pinterest


There are so many variations and patterns to this textile, that there seems to be something for everyone.  I'm smitten with that little ottoman above.  I'm a sucker for tufts and nail head trim.  

Now, I need to be really inspired and get to work.  The last few weeks I've been painting furniture for clients...now the next few weeks I'll be tackling a few wing back chairs.  

Wish me luck!













1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this very useful info you have provided us. I will bookmark this for future reference and refer it to my friends. More power to your blog.nice images..!!

    Cabinet refinishing oklahoma city

    ReplyDelete