Pages



Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Weekend


This morning I spent some time on the kids room.  It hasn't had much attention lately.  Really, it's been bad...the drapes I hung a few months ago, started sagging, due mainly to the terrible rod (I guess it you can call it that).  I bought the Ikea curtain wire and thought it would be fun to use.  Maybe others have had better success with it, but it was just sloppy and no matter how hard I tried to keep it tight, it failed.  So inevitably, the curtains didn't help it any.  So after months of them drooping (yeah, they hung for a while like that), I finally took them down.

But what did get some attention was this wall above the toy storage.  I added the kids' initials and a new alphabet print.  It was really hard deciding what print to buy, there are so many adorable prints on Etsy.  I went with a neutral print.  Elizabeth loves her new letters all over the wall and since she's learned her ABC's, she is all about reciting them and pointing them out.  It's fun getting to the next stages.







Next on the To Do List, is storage for the toys.  See how the bins have been child-worn--you know, where basically what you have has been used and abused by anyone under the age of 12.  We may need to bring in something a bit sturdier.








Tonight, the kids and I are headed over to our annual church Halloween party.  The kids are excited to dress up and I'm just happy I don't have to cook. Haha!  

So did any of you dress up this year?

I'm bummed I didn't have the funds to this year...I guess I could go as static cling? 

Or something random.

2 comments:

  1. The wall looks so good!I love the finish of the letters. Your blog is so cute! I'm excited to be a new follower and read more!

    kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute room! Love the gallery wall! Would you mind sharing the paint color with me? I'm about to paint my daughter's room and this might just be the perfect shade!

    ReplyDelete