Pages



Monday, April 1, 2013

Gallery Wall in the Kids' Room



I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend. The kids and I spent ours with family on Saturday and then at home on Sunday.  It was a quiet day, but exactly what we needed.  Suffice it to say, we have enough candy and junk food to last us for another month.  



If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my photo a while back asking for some help with this here little wall.  I originally did have a little something on this wall in the kids' room...but it needed an update badly.  






I first started with just the "Love" print, Alphabet print, and the picture of Christ.  Because in the back of my mind that I wanted to nix the whole gallery wall and keep it simple.  But it just looked a little too bleh--it needed color.  Enter paintings by: Ben & Lizzie.  Using the kids' own artwork was a no brainer and my little girl loved it.



From left to right: 
 Painting by Ben/ Christ print entitled "Innocence" / ABC Print / Watercolor by Ben/ 



It took me a while to decided on how to hang the kids personal artwork.  There are so many cute things now a days, but I didn't want to over do it.  We're also lacking in wall space in here.  There are only two large walls, this one and the opposite, where their bunk beds sit.  And another wall is their large closet and then the window, which neither leave room to do much with.  So to allow for some artwork and the kids artwork, I had to mesh what I wanted together. 

I framed one watercolor my son did, and then hung a simple clip on the wall to allow us to switch out paintings as they come.  What I love about this wall is that I was able to personalize it with the kiddos art and make it their own.  And since I used all the frames I originally had, I spent no additional money on the gallery wall--always a plus.  









This little guy, sitting below the frames is from Grace for Grace.  
I picked it up a few years ago at Sew Funky Market.










Little by little things are getting done in here and I'm liking the outcome.  Because honestly, when I painted this room, I was sad.  I guess I had become attached to the color in their room and didn't realize it.  But it is just paint, and I'm enjoying making this little cave special for the kids again.  





Happy Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment