Pages



Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Black Lacquered Love



A couple years back, I had just started refinishing furniture and became a regular each morning perusing Craigslist.  As luck would have it, I stumbled across an amazing find, this mid-century credenza for, get this....$20!! Yep.  I called within seconds and made the trip an hour away to pick her up.  Seriously.  She is gorgeous.  And heavy!!  I kept her in my garage while I finished and took on other projects.  I just wasn't sure if I wanted to keep her stain or paint her entirely.







 I thought about keeping the same finish and just retouching some areas, but as time has passed by, I am seriously thinking of black.  Some shiny, lacquered, kill me black.




via





via





via




 source unknown





via




As the kids are getting out of school tomorrow, we're off for the weekend with family for a few days at the beach.  I know I'll be tackling this beautiful piece when I come back.  Hopefully I won't be too relaxed to come home and work on her.  



Happy Hump Day Friends!


Follow along...  


1 comment:

  1. Love the natural color, but a really high gloss black with dramatic handle pulls would be so dramatic!
    Brittany
    www.classicallyb.com

    ReplyDelete