Pages



Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY: Oomph Tini table Copycat


I hope you all had a Happy Father's day weekend, spending it with those you love and who matter most in your life.  I got to have lunch with my dad earlier in the week, so the weekend was full of unfinished projects, homework, and stuffing my face at Benihana's.  It was sooo yummy.  

Now, if you follow me on Instagram you'll have noticed, yet again, my fabulous Target putting some of their Threshold line on sale.  Seriously, I have thee best Target, we get new stuff in quickly and they always have a ton of it on hand.  I just have to practice a little patience to wait for them to go on clearance.  Yes, I wait.  I'm that kinda shopper. 










This table was on clearance in the store, and at 50% off the original price, I had to bring her home.  Very much like the Oomph Tini tables, this one has the same great lines, but at a fraction of the cost.  









I wasn't really happy with the color plum color she wore, but knew that could easily be changed with some paint.  I was really wanting to do her in a cobalt blue, but I knew the color just wouldn't be right next to my brown couch.  Bummer.  So I settled for a safe glossy white.  














 Every time I pass her by, she makes me smile.


I'm in love!



Sharing with:
The Sunday ShowcaseCRAFT: MondayFundayShow & Tell SaturdayHome Stories AtoZ

4 comments:

  1. The white is so much better! Great transformation.
    - Lora @ Craftivity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, do enjoy it. But please realize the Oomph tables are designed and made entirely in the USA, and the Target ripoff is made overseas. The talented and lovely lady at Oomph that designed it deserves to profit from her original designs. Designers and furniture craftsmen have jobs because people purchase their products, and purchasing a knockoff does nothing to support their efforts. While not everyone has an unlimited budget, the prices of products like Oomph are directly linked to American workers making a fair living wage. Remember, every time you shop you are voting with your dollars, for or against our economy. The table is cute, but it's a shame Target didn't do the right thing and license her design instead of stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry Anne, for your info and knowledge on Oomph and what Target neglected to do for this owner and her designs. I completely agree with you, in that Target should give her license to it. I live in a small-ish town that thrives on local business and I support and shop at them because I want to contribute to what they stand for and offer. Unfortunately, with the Oomph tables, I can not afford to buy one (maybe one day)...so I settled for it's counterpart. Thank you again for bringing this information to light, it is always appreciated!!

      xo-Sara

      Delete