Pages



Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas around the House 2013








This year I really took to the whole "less is more" mantra.  I was really excited to decorate for Christmas and then realized that as I was rummaging through the Christmas boxes in the garage, I realized I only had about a handful of decorations.  It seems that I had been weeding most of my stuff out over the last few years.  Part of me was just over all the "stuff" I seemed to have, and this goes for just about all of my decor, not just the Christmas stuff.   

In the living room I switched up my pillows, using a mix of Ikea striped pillows, and sewing myself a new one using this fabric.  The white sweater pom-pom pillow I bought last year from Target and the leopard one I made a few years back. The coffee table decor I kept simple by adding a few bright bulbs, easy-peasy, right?







My mosaic tree and ornament disco ball are back on top of the bookcase, where my favorite Christmas decoration, the Nativity sits.  I like it this year especially because I think the black really makes for a dramatic backdrop.  






Balls in a bowl.  Yep.  Call it a day.







Past Christmas photos and Santa photos are out for the kids to see, Lizzie especially loves seeing herself and her brother with Santa.  I'm really excited to see our collection grow through the years.














And this year I succomed to the little tinsel Christmas tree for the kids.  I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, so I caved.  It's pretty adorable and I guess I should count myself lucky that Lizzie hasn't asked to put presents under it yet.






Thanks for stopping by,

Merry Christmas friends!!



xo-Sara 

10 comments:

  1. Your home looks great Sara, love all the festive touches. I'm totally with you on the "less is more" thing. It seems like I'm constantly battling clutter at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I am so with you on the clutter, it never seems to end :)

      Delete
  2. looks fabulous, sara! love the "c'est noel!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I'm no artist, but it's fun to experiment with chalk, it's simple and classic :)

      Delete
  3. I found you again!! I was so disappointed when I couldn't get your blog the way I had for many, many months. I like the new look. I read some back entries but didn't see if you are still taking classes? I love looking at your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I lots of changes around here, but everything is where it should now, so thanks for sticking around :) I'm still in school, which is why I'm posting a lot less (than normal). I'd love to reply via email if I could, make sure you have an email connected when you comment, it would be great to respond to you right away :) Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

      Delete
  4. Of course you don't have to convince me of less is more:) It is all very pretty and festive!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. H! I came over from the Christmas blog hop and like the whole less is more concept. I haven't started weeding through my stuff but definitely feel it coming! I just felt overwhelmed going through boxes. Love the decor,I'm off to check out the rest of your blog! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks beautiful! I love your noel chalkboard art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coffee table is amazing!! And so is that tinsel tree. I love how simple you decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete