Pages



Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ikea Vittsjo Bookcase in the Living Room


If you follow along with me on Instagram, you'd know I just recently sold the bookcase we had in here.  After finishing the credenza for the living room, I wasn't feeling the stark white combo of the credenza and bookcase together.  Or maybe I just needed an excuse to get rid of it. Either way, I wasn't all that happy with it.  But needed an inexpensive alternative. 

Enter Ikea's Vittsjo bookcase.  What's awesome is that it's on sale right now, so if you are an Ikea Family member (which is free to sign-up) you get the sale price, so totally sign up people. I love how airy and dynamic this piece is, it really lightens things up in here.






One thing I was excited about was bringing back in my gray baskets.  They keep books handy without them being cluttered and stacked on the shelves.  It was fun styling the shelves, although, I'm sure I'll be moving things around over time.  











The art on top of the shelves is one that I'm not entirely sure of.  We may be revisiting this and attempting something with a little more color.  As well as recovering that white box on the shelf, I'd say something colorful is in order, yeah?  




Point of the matter is, don't be afraid to make changes.  If something isn't working for you, try to come up with other alternatives.  I spent time perusing CL every day for the last month, and I also considered other styles, like this one, that I may not have considered in the past.  For us, the original white bookcase wasn't functioning the way we needed it to.  I had little shelf space to work with and we didn't need the bottom cabinet anymore.  Bottom line, make your home work for you.  And make sure you take the time to find exactly what it is you want.  Decorating your home takes time.  In the end, finding that perfect piece is what will make you love your home every step of the way.


xo-Sara


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you went with this one; it looks so great!! Beautiful shelf styling too!!

    ReplyDelete