Pages



Friday, April 11, 2014

One Room Challenge: Week 2



So, we're officially into the second week of our One Room Challenge.  To stay up to date, check out last week's post.  I'd like to say that in my first week I've accomplished something tangible to show you all...but sadly no. This post should really be entitled, "Brainstorming".  This week has been about searching for the perfect dresser, fabrics, and possible desk options.  I'd love to be able to go out and purchase whatever I want for my home, but the silver lining I guess is that it gives me the chance to really find out if what I like, is actually what I really want. And it's definitely been working for me.  So I'll get right to it and fill you in on what I've been considering for my room and what things are in the works.

For starters, I'm on the hunt for a small but decent size desk.  Target has this amazing campaign desk in mid-tone stain, but they neither have it for sale online or in the store.  They only sell the red and black desk, not the stained one, really?!  Freakin' dangling that thing in front of me, c'mon Target, you're killing me!  So, I've resorted to stalking CL for a little antique-y desk within my price range.  So far...no cigar. 

Next on the list is the headboard situation.  In my inspiration board I had an upholstered headboard but have since been eyeing these photos of wood headboards.  And after considering what it would cost me to reupholster my headboard myself and then actually just purchasing one, look here...that is just craaazzy good people! So, it is something to consider.  What I'm loving about a wood frame and headboard is that since I'm leaning towards all white linens for my room, this look is a total winner.  What are your thoughts?...Wood or linen?  Linen or wood?  





As far as linens and draperies, I've always adored this fabric from John Robshaw.  I had thought I'd use it on the windows, but got to thinking I'd better just keep the draperies solid and neutral since I tend to switch things around every other week.  I'm seriously in love with this fabric!  

Pillow



And lastly, a little diy I'm totally psyched about, which includes a little bead work using these babies.  Let's pray this one turns out as good as it looks.
Beads


I'm excited for everything to start coming together so I can actually say I'm accomplishing something. Tomorrow I'm hoping to look at a possible dresser purchase that isn't exactly what I had in mind for the room, but works within my price range and our needs.  One thing I can tell you about designing a room is that you go with the flow, when a piece doesn't work out you keep your eyes peeled for other options.  There is definitely an evolution to designing a space, and I love it.  


Keep up with the other participants and designers over at Calling it Home.  See you next week!


xo-Sara



8 comments:

  1. I saw that desk at Target the other day ad couldn't believe it! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The desk is a great size, I was just totally disappointed they didn't have the grey wood stained one :( Hopefully I'll find the right one!

      Delete
  2. Ooh can't wait to see how your room turns out! I'm loving the plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Summer! I hope it comes together in the next 5 weeks, yikes!

      Delete
  3. Love all these ideas! That John Robshaw is killer and could it be a bead chandelier??? Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, don't upholsterd the headboard yourself- they're uber cheap! Check out kirklands too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at John Robshaw. I can't wait to see this come together.

    ReplyDelete