Pages



Saturday, April 26, 2014

One Room Challenge: Week 4


We are closing in on the last few weeks of the One Room Challenge.  In this past weeks challenge, not much of anything has gotten accomplished.  My father sadly, passed away Sunday evening on Easter, and so I've been a bit preoccupied and dealing with all of that.  I was asked to give his eulogy at the funeral and so the bedroom stuff took a bit of a backseat this week so I could prepare for that.  But I just had to get something done for the challenge this week, call it keeping my sanity or a way to preoccupy my mind, I needed to get something done.

In trying to save a few pennies, I had thought I would DIY a pair of black-out drapes for the room.  And since this week has been a little overwhelming, I decided just to splurge and save myself some trouble and buy a pair from Target.  And I am soooo happy with them.  They are a pair of velvet black-out drapes from Target, and worth every penny.






And in other good news, my beads finally arrived this week and I've started working on this little project for the room.  I purchased two different sizes of beads for this project, but really had no idea the sizes on these things, and ended up with a bag of beads that I won't probably use in this project.  You live and you learn, right?  






As we're heading into the last few weeks of this challenge, I'm having some anxiety over whether I can finish this room in time and make everything happen.  But sometimes life doesn't care about your plans and you have to just go with the flow, because you have too.  Whether its family, time constraints, budgeting, or whatever it is in your moment...things happen and you adjust to make things work.  Just a little somethin' I learned this week.  

To keep up up on my challenge, you can see them here:   Week 1Week 2, and Week 3.



xo-Sara


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that you are finding peace and love among all your family and friends. I actually find all of this a nice distraction to some of my everyday problems, too. Hang in there, one day at a time, and it's ok to feel whatever you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I hope you have the support that you need to get through this sad time. The blackout curtains look great - I didn't know that Target had velvet curtains - I may take a look at them myself.
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete