Pages



Sunday, June 22, 2014

Weekend Reading





Can you believe we're already halfway done with June? As soon as Summer is here it seems to go by really fast.  Maybe it's the constant activities during these months that make it go really fast.  But to be honest, as I'm getting older I'm okay that the hot months don't last very long.  And when you live in Southern California we really can't talk about cold months, they don't really exist here.  

So this weekends little excursion included lot of antique items, brass goodies, and classic furniture.  Visiting antique shops, flea markets, or thrift stores is something I really love doing.  I don't get to go out very often, but when I do (childless), I love being inspired and digging through the goods/junk (per se).  When I was refinishing furniture a few  years ago, I always tried to stop in at certain shops to see if anything new had been dropped off.  Some days you were lucky, others not so much.  I never went in thinking I had to look for a specific item in mind, I was always there just to look.  It helped me to really see everything and look at certain pieces with an open mind.  





All images above are my own.



So this Sunday afternoon, get your booty out and visit an antique store or flea market if you can.  Go with an open mind about it and let yourself see the items in a new light.  Don't look at it as you are on the hunt for a certain piece, because you might miss something.  For instance, the bed pictured above.  Isn't she gorgeous?!  The frame is incredible and I love the intricate details of the wood work, I was having dreams of this in a little girls bedroom.  And the three dimensional artwork above was pretty killer also.  While I couldn't purchase this little number, it gets my mind moving.  There is always something that can inspire the next, right?  


Have a beautiful Sunday, friends!


XO-Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment